- Already considered one of the greatest players of all time,
- 29 Grand Slam titles places her ninth on the all-time list: 14 in singles, 13 in women’s doubles, and 2 in mixed doubles.
- C-walking at Wimbledon after winning gold medal at London 2012 Olympics
- Forbes Most Powerful Black Women In The U.S. (No.10)
- The only female player to have won over $35million in prize money
- The second player to win a career Golden Grand Slam after winning the gold medal at the recent 2012 London Olympics
- The FIRST player in history male or female to win the Golden Grand Slam in both singles and doubles with her sister Venus
- She FOUR Olympic gold medals
- TIME Magazine 30 Legends of Women’s Tennis
- Best Female Tennis Player ESPY Award
- Has seen Common Naked! and probably caused the ‘beef’ between the emo rap guys Drake and Common
- Women’s Tennis Association has ranked her world number one in singles on five separate occasions
- She is the most recent player, male or female, to have held all four Grand Slam singles titles simultaneously and only the fifth woman ever to do so.
I remember where I was, what I was doing when Serena won Wimbledon! I was at a pub in Shoreditch (they have the best Ceaser Salad ever!!) with my Portugal – based colleagues and we were having lunch and reminscing about clubbing at Cargo the night before. I remember one colleague gently reminded me that Wimbledon was on and since there was no tv in said pub, I pulled out my phone and we all watched it on iplayer. I remember even when we had to leave the pub for their tour of London my eyes were glued on my phone,then the winning moment we were on roof terrace at the One Exchange and I remember screaming yes and even shed some tears during her speech. Never had I been happy for a celebrity like that before – she deserved it and her win was relateable. She had been through a health scare – she suffered a hematoma and a pulmonary embolism, the pundits had written her off but here she was in her own words ‘I almost didn’t make it a few years ago..never dreamt of being here again’.
Serena then going on to win the gold medal was just the icing on the cake for our issue, we were truly thrilled and happy that we had waiting with releasing this issue for now we could add more on Serena’s wins and that C-walk she did – way to go ‘Rena!
At Chaud Serena’s win was truly what we aim to achieve with this issue. To inspire you and even ourselves to never give up on your dreams no matter what, have a strong support system who truly believe in you, encourage you for sometimes we are our own worst critics and that strong support system is there to tell you that you can do it and overall apply your best in any situation. In Charlie Sheen’s voice #Winning!
Image Credit: Theybf.com