“Rev Run of Run DMC and Tyrese Gibson offer a groundbreaking new approach to building a romance that’s healthy, long lasting, and full of great sex.
Tyrese Gibson and Rev Run of Run DMC fame have formed a lasting friendship in the unlikeliest of ways. After an unexpected argument—Rev Run insisted that marriage is forever, Tyrese pushed that you could bail when the sex went bad—the oddest of odd couples decided not just to agree to disagree, but to team up and open their debate to a larger audience. Even though they’re at different points in their journey, Rev Run is married with two kids and Tyrese is a single dad still hesitant to settle down, both have been around the block a few times
Manology presents no-nonsense, easy-to-use, and unconventional love advice for both understanding and handling the man in every woman’s life. Their teachings include: avoiding the MAN-ipulation of a noncommittal male, why 20 percent of a man’s happiness in a relationship is based on fantastic sex, and shutting down a man’s cheating radar. With Rev Run’s humor and goodwill, and Tyrese’s straight talk and sex appeal, Manology speaks to any woman looking to finally take control of her love life and snag the man of her dreams.”
1. A book claiming to be groundbreaking when it comes to sex, relationships, romance and men’s thinking? Put your visa back in to your purse. Since the dawn of time, there have been books outlining how a woman should behave in a relationship. Anybody heard of the bible? You know where there’s a whole Proverb on being a good woman? Also known as Proverbs 31
10 [b]A wife of noble character who can find?
She is worth far more than rubies.
11 Her husband has full confidence in her
and lacks nothing of value.
12 She brings him good, not harm,
all the days of her life.
13 She selects wool and flax
and works with eager hands.
14 She is like the merchant ships,
bringing her food from afar.
15 She gets up while it is still night;
she provides food for her family
and portions for her female servants.
16 She considers a field and buys it;
out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.
I doubt Rev Run and Tyrese have something new to contribute that Steve Harvey, Hill Harper, Dr Phil, Iyanla Vanzant and D.L Hughley haven’t already said.
2. Rev Run is a married man who says marriage is forever and Tyrese is a single dad who says you can leave if the sex is bad. I feel that sentence shouldn’t require me to explain further. However I know some of you will still be tempted to buy this book and help Tyrese with his child support payments. I’m not one to gossip so I’ll let Google tell it.
Tyrese can tell you not to “independence yourself to loneliness” all he wants but it seems that his ex-wife dependence on him was a fast track to loneliness. I’m just saying… you decide, are Jodie’s life choices looking like he would give you good advice?
3. Supposedly this book is going to help you shut down your man’s cheating radar. Ma’am… what kind of simpleton do you have to be to believe that someone has finally found the secret to stop men from cheating in a book you can get for $15 from Amazon? Deliver the cure to cancer for half that price and we have a deal -__-.
4. The fact that he makes @Luvvie’s 20 Dumbest Celebrity Tweets multiple times should be reason enough to not buy the book.
5. Here’s my Womanology: Not every man is the same. Therefore buying a book that is based on the assumption that all men think alike already fails. Secondly a book based on Tyrese’s experience is basically a book for the women after Tyrese, it’s a cheat sheet into this R & B singer, actor and former model. Lastly, have you ever asked yourself self help books for men written by women to tell them how to treat us aren’t as popular? I’ll let you stew on that and if you have an answer, let me know in the comments section.
You can Follow Mukuka here: @mskkj