Bringing you the heat…discussing all the hot topics
Beyonce’s new album made me blush! Rocket and Blow had my non-prudish self clutching my pearls and all kinds of ‘oh my I feel so naughty watching and listening to this on the tube’. The tweet below pretty much sums up how I felt listening to Rocket and Blow.
I saw a tweet that said the ‘B’ in B613 stands for Beyonce! Hilarious but we all know that B613 is the G.O.A.T GOON of goons.
Unannounced Beyonce dropped a visual album – which is the antithesis of making singles, the visual album is a non-linear journey through the thoughts and visions of Beyoncé. The CD/DVD will be available from 20 December 2013 in time for Christmas viewing! (
those coming to mine you can expect a Beyonce viewing)
This is what Beyonce had to say:
I feel like right now, people experience music differently. I remember watching Thriller on TV with my family, it was an event, we all sat around the TV and now looking back, I am so happy I was born around that time. I miss that immersive experience. Now, people only listen to a few seconds of a song on their IPODS, they don’t really invest in a whole album. It’s all about the single and the hype. There’s so much that gets between the music, and the artists and the fans. I felt like, I don’t want anybody to give the message when my record is coming out. I just want this to come out when it is ready, and from me to my fans.
I told my team, ‘I want to shoot a video for every song and put them all out at the same time!’ Everyone thought I was crazy, but we’re actually doing it, it’s happening!’
I wanted to make this body of work, and I feel like it’s something that’s lost in pop music. I wanted people to hear things differently and have a first impression. Not just listen to a 10 second clip, but actually be able to see a whole vision of the album. It was important that we made this a movie, we made this an experience.
I wanted everyone to see the whole picture, and to see how personal everything was to me. I will make my best art and just put it out. And that’s why it’s out today!
Here are a 6 facts about the new album:
1) This album took a year and a half to create.
2) The initial recording process started in the summer of 2012, after the writers and producers gathered under one roof in The Hamptons to live together, work together and to immerse themselves into her world and into her head.
3) The videos were shot throughout her “Mrs. Carter Show World Tour” in places that included a beach in Brazil, the streets of NYC, a rollercoaster in Coney Island, New York, downtown Los Angeles, a chateau in Paris, a roller skating rink in Houston, Texas where she skated as a child, and a beautiful church in South America.
4) There is a long list of songwriters, producers, and video directors on the project which includes JAY Z, Timbaland, Justin Timberlake, Pharrell Williams, Drake, The-Dream, Sia, Miguel, Frank Ocean, Hit Boy, Ammo, Boots, Detail, Hype Williams, Terry Richardson, Melina Matsoukas, Jonas Åkerlund, Noah “40″ Shebib, and more [No Ne-Yo????]
5) The album is available exclusively on Itunes (sucks for Droid users) for a week. It will go to retail December 21.
6) Two tracks are expected to be announced as the lead singles for different formats next week (per Billboard). [The last time she did this was with her third studio album I Am...Sasha Fierce.]
We dubbed 2013 the year of Beyoncé for through out the year we have been talking about her and loving every moment of it:
Beyonce on Oprah
Beyonce and Oprah are two women who make me work harder and go harder – they motivate me. They are two celebrity women whose brand and work ethos I look up to.
Life is But A Dream
We saw Beyonce and Jay Z tipsy singing Yellow. Beyonce also made a very great statement ‘I realised that being nice and business don’t go together’ and honestly I have learnt that when it comes to business we might be good friends but business is business.
Beyonce at SuperBowl
Destiny’s Child performed together again, Kelly came up looking all thick, Keyshia Cole regrets ever coming for Michelle and Beyonce shut it down – literally with no electricity!
Beyonce at the Inauguration
There was some hooplah about Beyonce lipsynching and she remedied that by
Beyonce sings national anthem
Mrs Carter World Tour – the tour of all tours
So the above happened whilst she was on tour and funny Beyonce responded with the below on her Instagram!
This tour has been extended and Beyonce is back in London from 28th February – 4th March! Santa Baby send me some Bey concert tickets!
Beyonce in TopShop
Beyonce also collaborated with H&M with summer pieces that were very affordable.
Beyonce, Jay Z and Blue on Holiday
Jay Z gave out free albums to Samsung users – his album going straing to platinum , dropped his hyphen, went on Twitter and had #FactsOnly and #MyLaugh trending, he also went on tour. Baby Blue dropped her second collaboration single and as stated above the whole Beyonce visual album concept took a year and a half to make – but in between that time the Carters also took time out to go on holiday – showing that you can work very hard but also take time out to relax. That whole ethos of ‘work, work, work’ is not healthy, you need time out with those you love and just relax!
Yup 2013 was definitely the year of B613 aka Beyonce Gisele Carter!